A no brainer! Here are the 5 things that make me most happy….
1. RUNNING– I never thought I would ever say that…. but YES! I love running and it most def makes me happy. I love that each time I run, I prove to myself that I can achieve my goals if only I truly want to. It’s a great way for me to clear my mind and not have to think about anything except for my accomplishment. I started at the end of August and here I am… almost a year later and I’ve reached my goal of running 5k! I’d say that’s impressive considering I have never ever run in my life… EVER.
2. NAIL POLISH– A few years ago during a hot summer day, I gave up. I decided that make up was not going to be possible in the hot sweltering summer months in Torino. Believe it or not, Torino is MORE humid than Dallas! How that’s possible I don’t know but I do know that I lost the battle with makeup. As an alternative, I turned back to the nails. I say back because when I was younger (Jr. High days) I used to love doing my nails. So I figured if I can’t wear “fix my face” I might as well make sure my nails look cute! The collection has grown and it may have become a bit of an obsession.
3. My new ME TIME!– Now that Baby C is becoming a little less attached to me and the hubby is becoming more confident, I’ve finally been able to take some much needed ME TIME. We’re starting to get into a new routine where if our schedules line up, I take the afternoon off! It sounds like he’s my boss and I’m some lowly employee but I’m not sure how else to say it. I’ve spent the last 5 years with my girls. Literally. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve left the house to have a night out with the girls. My new hobby is going into the city centre and meeting up with friends, exploring the city and just having a good ol’ time.
4. THE GIRLS/MY LITTLE FAMILY– Duh! I can’t leave them off this list. They make me so very happy. Their silly faces, smiles… the way they dance around or play ‘Frozen’. There’s not a day that I don’t have a huge smile on my face because of them. I can’t leave out the hubs. He’s so dreamy.
5. CHURCH– 6 years ago, I arrived in Italy not knowing anyone besides my husband and his family. But after a few weeks, I had a new family. That’s one of the best parts of being LDS (Mormon). You can go anywhere in the world and walk into a meetinghouse and feel at home.